New division to provide enhanced financial planning and services in Idaho.
Jason A. Meyerhoeffer, President and CEO of First Federal Bank, has announced the addition of wealth and investment management at First Federal Bank. The newly created division will provide numerous services, complementing First Federal’s already award-winning financial offerings. Services that will be offered include investment advising, retirement planning, estate planning, tax optimization, as well as comprehensive wealth management strategies.
“Adding wealth and investment management is another step towards our goal of providing best-in-class services to our members,” stated Jason A. Meyerhoeffer, President and CEO of First Federal Bank. “Our members will have access to products and services to further enhance their financial well-being. We are also thrilled to be welcoming three very talented and exceptional people in Ben, Jacob, and Nik, who will be leading this new division.”
First Federal Bank’s Wealth and Investment Management will feature:
- Personalized Financial Strategies – In-depth collaboration with clients to design individualized plans that align with personal financial goals, risk tolerance, and timelines.
- Investment Expertise – Thorough review of investment options with clients, helping them make informed decisions on how to grow and protect their wealth.
- Retirement Planning – Development of comprehensive retirement plans, providing a roadmap towards retirement that ensures clients are well prepared for their golden years.
- Estate and Tax Planning – Advice on navigating the complexities of estate and tax planning, resulting in optimized financial legacies for clients while minimizing their tax liabilities.
- Ongoing Financial Monitoring and Assistance – Continuous review and analysis of client financial plans, making sure that plans are always optimized, even as individual financial goals or market conditions change.
- Business Succession Planning – Guidance to small businesses on how to effectively plan for an ownership change and what to expect during this critical business phase.
- Commitment to Value – Exceptional service to clients while minimizing fees and ancillary expenses.
First Federal Bank’s Wealth and Investment Management team will be headed by Ben Duncanson. Duncanson brings to First Federal nearly a decade of experience in the wealth management sector. Prior to joining First Fed, Duncanson worked for national investment management companies Charles Schwab and Vanguard. The Boise, Idaho native received his bachelor’s degree in business finance from the University of Idaho. He and his wife, Amanda, have a 15-month-old son, Elliott. Duncanson will be based out of First Federal Bank’s South Eagle location to oversee efforts in the Treasure Valley but will also help service the Magic Valley.
Joining Ben Duncanson will be Jacob Packer and Nik Gumeson. Packer comes to First Federal Bank after most recently spending seven years with Wells Fargo in Salt Lake City, having focused primarily on high-net-worth accounts. Packer grew up in Bountiful, Utah and is currently pursuing his college degree at Weber State University. He and his wife, Bianca, have two children, James and Chole, and are expecting their third. Packer will work out of First Federal Bank’s Cheney branch in Twin Falls and service the Magic Valley market.
Nik Gumeson will also be serving the Magic Valley, working out of First Federal Bank’s Main branch in Twin Falls. Gumeson was raised in Salt Lake City and graduated from the University of Utah. A former college baseball coach, including at the College of Southern Idaho, Gumeson has spent the last three years as an advisor with Ameriprise Financial. He and his wife, Abbe, have a six-year-old daughter, Blaikley, and a three-year-old son, Khyler.
For more information about wealth and investment management at First Federal Bank and to schedule a consultation, visit www.bankfirstfed.com/personal-wealth.
Securities offered through IFP Securities, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), a Registered Investment Advisor. IFP and First Federal Bank are not affiliated.
Not Insured by the FDIC or Any Federal Government Agency | Not a Deposit or Other Obligation of, or Guaranteed by, the Bank or Any Bank Affiliate | Subject to Investment Risks, Including Possible Loss of the Principal Amount Invested | May Lose Value