First Federal is your first line of defense against Identity Theft. Fraud-Defender is an Identity Theft Recovery Service that is FREE to all personal checking account customers. If you become a victim of Identity Theft, First Federal has you covered with our partnership with Merchants Information Solutions at NO COST to you!
If you are a victim of identity theft, please contact us at 208-733-4222 (800-278-9435).
All First Federal Personal Checking Accountholders are eligible for Fraud-Defender. Should you experience a compromise of your personal information, please contact us at (208) 733-4222, (800) 278-9435, or visit a Customer Service Representative at your local branch. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate, who will do the work on your behalf toward the goal of restoring your identity to pre-event status.
Depending upon the circumstances of your case, your Advocate will:
- Work with you to identify fraudulent activity, including credit report review (if appropriate), and conduct additional research to determine the extent of the fraud.
- Place fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus.
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
- Activate complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, and more, as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Follow up to make sure wrongful activity is expunged from your records.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
- Enlist other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
- Provide twelve months of personal follow-up and complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, after your recovery is complete — to be sure you stay recovered!
These services cover all types of identity fraud — this includes both financial and non-financial fraud, such as:
- Medical fraud
- Employment fraud
- Bank and credit card fraud
- Phone and utilities fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- And many more…
Want even more protection? First Federal offers best-in-class Fraud-Defender services including credit monitoring, internet black market monitoring, $1 million expense reimbursement insurance, and more. Packages are available starting at just $4.95 per month.
Depending on the package you choose, services include:
- Complete managed recovery for each dependent up to age 25
- Annual automatic full credit report
- Continuous credit monitoring
- Member Education including monthly e-newsletters
- Credential Vault – securely store all your credit card, and personal information
- Lost Document Replacement – including credit cards, Social Security card, driver’s license
- $ 1 million Expense Reimbursement
Visit our recovery site for more information and to purchase one of the available packages today!
Are you already working with a Recovery Advocate?
Click here to log into your personal Identity Care Account and view details and status of your recovery. Don’t forget that your personal Recovery Advocate is available to answer any questions or concerns you might have during your Recovery. For more information, please call us at (208) 733-4222 or (800) 278-9435 or visit your nearest branch office .
Terms and Conditions Services are provided to all personal checking account customers; businesses do not qualify for this offer.
- Benefits have no cash equivalent, are non-transferable, and non-cancelable (except in the event of termination of the Group Plan.) Provider Services do not cover financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on identity theft events that are discovered and reported to the services provider on or after the effective date of the individual’s coverage and during the eligibility period.
- Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name, address, social security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Recovery Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the account holder or eligible family member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan.Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case.
- Sponsor and/or its service provider of the identity theft services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- SERVICE PROVIDER DOES NOT PROVIDE CREDIT COUNSELING OR REPAIR TO CREDIT WHICH LEGITIMATELY BELONGS TO THE PLAN MEMBER.
- Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies
- Identity theft services are provided by Merchants Information Solutions.